Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A BIRD IN THE HAND IS WORTH TWO BRUISED







                        


                         I am an advocate for chickens.  I've spent enough time with them to know that they feel pain, fear, and the joy of being free.  My grandson helped me load 24 meat birds in the back of my PT Cruiser to take them for slaughter to a private and humane farmer.  I turned up CBC radio and didn't talk on the way because I didn't want to bore them to death.   By the time they arrived at their final destination they were calm and already drowsy.

                       A good death is just as important as a good life.


                       I know a few people raising birds in their back yard makes very little difference in the big marketing scheme of things but if you have the opportunity please try to buy local free range chicken.


                      I gave my grandson some cash and a chicken dinner and asked if he would do me one more favour.  

                      
                      He had to clean my car.
   http://www.mfablog.ca/2013/03/shocking-truth-about-chicken-and-turkey-slaughter.html

No comments:

Post a Comment